Tuesday 14 June 2011

Hippie Shit


This necklace comes with a story.
Last summer a friend and I went out into the back alley behind my apartment and there was a man there holding a box, and he asked us if we "liked hippie shit?" Turns out his box of hippie shit was a box filled with treasures and souvenirs from traveling around the world for twenty years, that his wife was making him throw out. We came back with a goblet from Morocco, a fan from Asia, Chinese bells, and stones, pendants and more from all around the world. I'm not sure the story of these two pendants, but after examination I've noticed the top one is engraved with Nepalese writing. The ruby stone on the bottom is gorgeous. But my favorite charicteristic is how worn and rusted the metals are, they really look like they have lived long lives and have a story to tell.

No comments:

Post a Comment